Sunday 7 April 2013

Shameless Booze Puppet Promotion and Products!

Booze Band Boys behind the 12 Bar Blues....

Due to either my artistic nature, or my ultimate overall cheapness, I found myself using the puppets to make gifts. The Christmas just gone, I wanted to make puppet based presents to thank everyone in the band for participating and making it all happen.

Simple staging for the odd month here and there.
 I toyed with the idea of making individual Christmas cards with their puppet on, all the way up to a mug with their own character on. Having done a bit of looking on the web, making 'one off' designs of anything would not be a cheap option. I needed to scale it back. I had a lot of set photos of the puppets, along with a couple of staged pictures I was going to use on our Facebook page. What could I make that would be useful, something everyone would want to keep, and also be a constant reminder of the ongoing project? After a few moments of head scratching I opted for Year Calendars. Fairly cheap, and pretty useful!


 I would only need to get 12 images together and I could make sure that everyones puppet was featured the same amount of times. I went through my photo collection and picked out around 5 good shots, the rest I would have to plan and photograph as I went along. It was really good fun, I got to use the sets and dress them according to

Mug shot - side 1
the months I was using them for. Some were seasonally relevant (Christmas, January Snow, Halloween) others were just scattered with scenes from our filmed episodes. I only ordered 10 of the calendars and gave them out at the Band Christmas Meal, along with a Booze Band Puppet Postcard. Everyone was really chuffed, they came out better than I could have hoped. I have a sinking feeling that they are going to be expecting one every year now!!

Mug shot - side 2
Once I had the graphics made for the front cover of the calendar, it became really easy to adjust the image to fit on other products. I also managed to get a good deal on a set of tea mugs that we used to send out as promotional items and gifts for people who had helped us. I must say they all went pretty quickly!




Calender Cover that also doubled as a promotional postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment